It’s the first of Autumn and already I can feel my powers strengthening. Scorpio season will soon be upon us, so here are five thoughts.
- I will be turning 25 in less than two month’s time. And I get to celebrate with my father’s side of the family in the city where I was born. I used to tell myself I’d spend this birthday in San Antonio but this is better somehow.
- It’s a strange dichotomy to have no relationship whatsoever with one’s father but to love and adore (and be loved and adored by) his siblings and relatives. It’s somehow the same for my brother and his father’s family. I’m more like my father than anyone, and being around my aunts and cousins makes me feel more normal than when I’m with my mom’s family. Strange, strange.
- Most things are water off a duck’s back with me, but I occasionally get my feelings hurt. And that happened this week. My ride-or-die says I have a big heart. My mom tells me I get to control how something affects me. I’m trying to straddle that line between being 100% “whatever, whatever” about it because I’m really good at detachment and letting the wound fester by constantly seeing reminders of the thing that hurt me.
- I’ve never been good at moderation.
- 90s music was the best. Like. For every genre, there was something so revolutionary and yet cohesive about it all. So yeah, I’m a little nostalgic about my childhood right now…